In today’s episode Adrian Lawrence himself a successful Finance Director talks about how to become an FD and to become a successful one. The key steps being to get qualified and build up experience with running a finance department. Improving your people skills is very important, and having a mentor along the way is great also.
Becoming a master or a whizz at Excel and always being up to date and other key considerations.
You can read our blog post on this topic here How to become a successful Finance Director.
There are many steps you can take to develop yourself, these include amongst others:-
- Building a network of contacts across a range of disciplines which you can draw upon to support your clients / employers
- Develop your team building skills so you can encourage and improve the performance of your team.
- Keep up to date with Accounting standards
- Improve your data handling skills particularly with Excel.
- Take time to develop relationships with senior managers.
To learn more about FD Capital and how we can help you find your first role as an FD or help you recruit an FD, visit our website at https://www.fdcapital.co.uk.